This post was last updated on February 1, 2024
There are a plethora of locations to visit in Elden Ring. Most hold useful equipment or items, while others are a part of quests. The Church of Inhibition is one of the latter. It can be a little tricky to find, but once you know how, it is easier than most named locations in the Lands Between.
The church is in the northeastern part of Liurnia of the Lakes, near the Frenzied Flame Village and Bellum Highway. The main reason you will want to know its location is that it is one of the locations of Hyetta’s grapes for her questline as well as Varre’s questline for maidens’ blood.
In this article, we will tell you where you need to go in order to make your way to the Church of Inhibition in Elden Ring.
Getting To Liurnia Of The Lakes
The first obstacle you will face on your journey to the Church of Inhibition is getting to Liurnia of the Lakes. This is the most common region that players will come into contact with after beating Godrick the Grafted in Stormvale Castle. To find Stormvale, the fastest way is to follow the direction that the sites of grace point you in, up Stormhill and to the northwest.
You’ll then have to defeat Morgit the Fell Omen and choose between going around the side of the castle and up the main path, where you’ll be attacked by ranged weapons. At the end of the dungeon, you’ll face Godrick, whose defeat opens up a path to Liurnia,
Fortunately, you don’t need to touch the legacy dungeon at all, as you can skip it by following the pathway around the castle beside the broken bridge. From the bridge, you’ll see the pathway along the cliffside on the left, which you simply need to jump to and follow to get to the region without fighting any bosses.
Liurnia Of The Lakes
Once you reach Liurnia, you need to stay in the center of the region, in the swampy area. The Church of Inhibition is up on the hills on the east side of the region, but you’ll only be able to get there by traveling the length of the waterlogged area.
- Stay in the water and travel to the northern region until you reach the pathway narrows and it is dominated by poisonous Land Squirts (tip: they can be overloaded with poison to explode).
- Follow the pathway up the eastern hill until you reach the Bellum Church site of grace.
- From the church, follow the Bellum Highway north-east toward the Dectus Grand Lift (watch out for the enemy trebuchets).
- Before the Lift in the south east there will be another small slope up a cliff. Head up the path toward the small tower with a glowing flame at the top. This is the frenzy flaming tower (as long as you are in sight of the flame, you will increase your madness meter).
- At the top of this path travel south till you see a village. This is the Frenzied Flame Village.
- Travel through the village either past the frenzied enemies or fighting them. Until yet another pathway up a cliff. Note: these enemies’ attacks will cause madness build up.
- At the top of this final hill you’ll see the church. As you approach you’ll get invaded by the NPC Festering Finger Vyke. He is a tough fight as each of his attacks inflicts madness. once he is defeated he’ll drop a Furlcalling Finger Remedy, Fingerprint Grape, and Vyke’s War Spear.
- Once Vyke has been defeated you can continue on to the Church. Inside you’ll find a dead finger maiden, with the full finger maiden armor set, a site of grace and a Sacred Tear.
Why Do You Need To Go To the Church of Inhibition?
The Church of Inhibition is home to three key items. The first is the Fingerprint Grape you’ll get from Festering Fingerprint Vyke. You’ll need this as part of Hyetta’s quest.
The second item is the sacred tear, which lets you upgrade your potions’ effectiveness.
Finally, the last item is part of Varre’s questline, as it is where you can find some maiden’s blood to get access to the Pureblood Knight’s Medal.
The most important thing to remember when visiting the Church of Inhibition is that you must spend the majority of your time in the water area of Liurnia of the Lakes because there is no other way to access the pathway. Once on the Bellum Highway, look out for the frenzy flaming tower, which will help lead the way to the Church of Inhibition.